Tuesday, July 3, 2012

A New Found Hobby

I, as many millions of others, was forced to take an art credit along my journey to my degree. I absolutely dreaded it. I have no knowledge about music or drawing and I didn't want to take dance as I no longer have the confidence or figure for it. So I was at a loss. Then I stumbled across the photography option. I remember thinking how hard can that class be? Point and shoot, right? Plus I wanted an excuse to get a better camera, as I only ever used my phone camera.

Needless to say, I found out photography wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. There were so many terms, relationships between settings, and rules of thumb, etc. I was overwhelmed, plus I bought a new camera that I barely knew how to turn on. After a couple weeks of practice and an amazing professor. I have found a love for photography. I do not claim to have any skill for this art form. I just really enjoy the learning process and excited to find a new hobby. I want to take a few more classes these next couple semesters so that I can say I know what I'm doing, but we'll see how it goes.

Here are a couple of shots from my first weeks with my DSLR camera.



No comments:

Post a Comment